Sponsor a SmartyScholar
A donation of $2,500 would provide one Scholar with 5 months of test prep. Sponsor a scholar and one of our scholars will write you a hand-written thank you note.
Trivia Night — April 11
We’re celebrating our recent partnership with the Baltimore Ravens Player Philanthropy Fund with a Trivia Night dinner! Tickets are $20 and go directly to a deserving student. Join us!
See the data...
- Only 3% of students at the nation’s top colleges come from families in the bottom 25% income bracket.
- 60 percent of the wealthiest students complete their studies and graduate, but only about 16 percent of low-income college students graduate, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. However, low income students at elite colleges (which tend to have already higher graduation rates) graduate at almost the same rate as affluent students and end up earning almost as much on average as affluent students who attend the same college.
- There are 29 colleges with graduation rates over 90% for Black and Latina students. Here are the top ten: Brown University, Pomona College, Harvard University, University of Notre Dame, Skidmore College, Scripps College, Davidson College, Emory University, Stanford University, Wesleyan University.
- Low-income students who attend selective colleges are less likely to have debt than those who attend low-tier colleges. Typical lower-income students (from a family earning $50,000 or less) face an annual bill of $6,000 at top private colleges.
- Elite colleges, as compared to less selective institutions, offer low income students peer mentoring, transition programs, and supportive advising at a higher rate.
Scholarship Funding Raised
Who we are
Meet the team
Ian Siegel - President
Ian Siegel - President
Molly Brambil - Treasurer
What we do
Click a headline below to read more about the work we do
If you’d like to apply for the scholarship, please fill out the application here.
If you are interested in becoming a partner school, please fill out the this form and we will reach out shortly.
Stats and Outcomes
- Number of Scholars we’ve worked with: 15
- Average score increase: 190+ points on the SAT, 5+ points on the ACT
- Colleges our Scholars have gained admission to: Georgetown, University of Maryland, Johns Hopkins
- Scholarship money received by Scholars: $10,000